Thanks for your questions! Our original plan was to answer these on Thursday’s, but I got a little anxious and decided to post today:)
Taylor Asked: We recently bought a town home and it’s very modern. High, angled ceilings, floor to ceiling windows and at least one fully mirrored wall in each room. I prefer a more traditional look, so in an attempt to achieve that I put up molding in the bedroom. Do you have any other ideas that would make a modern place more traditional?
- Firstly, we’d suggest adding molding to the rest of the rooms as well.
- Altering the mirrored walls will make a big difference in the overall feel and look of the room.
1)Take them down
2)Mirrored decorative panels are a great way to break up the solid mirror look. Add molding or lattice-like work over them.
3) Hanging pictures on the mirrored walls often looks really neat as well!
- In the living room, and anywhere else it applies, we’d suggest removing the track lighting. Instead, go for more ambient lighting with floor and table lamps. If you have a bigger budget, recessed lighting would also work. (On a side note I personally love lamps and rarely ever use overhead lighting)
- In the bedroom, add hard pleat roman shade of fabric comparable to the color of the walls.
For example: maybe not the best color, but a good shade none the less:)
Thanks again for your question Taylor, hope this helps!
What else do you think Taylor can do to make her modern home more traditional?
remember to send your questions and pictures to Lindsay@Storminteriors.com!